The Spaces in Between
Some of my happiest holiday moments aren’t necessarily the big events or the parties or even the holiday itself. They are the spaces in between. Walking down a decorated street hearing holiday music wafting on the air, a lit outdoor Christmas tree that I didn’t expect to see, wrapping presents while listening to holiday music or cooking and getting ready to welcome people.
The spaces in between.
The quiet interludes that aren’t loaded up with expectations and holiday pressures.
The little moments that breathe holiday spirit into an otherwise ordinary day.
I will take an extra minute to enjoy and appreciate those moments this holiday season, knowing that happiness isn’t what’s in a box, but what’s around it.
I am with the holiday spirit in little ways.
IF YOU SURRENDER COMPLETELY TO THE MOMENTS AS THEY PASS, YOU LIVE MORE RICHLY THOSE MOMENTS. — ANNE MORROW LINDBERGH
- 5 Easy Stress Busters
- When Adults Play
- Children Learn What They Live -The Recovery Version
- Don’t Panic, it Won’t Help
- How Relationships Heal Emotional Pain: Try A Twelve Step Meeting
- Seeing Fear Through a New Lens
- Forgiveness Around The Holidays
- Recession Proofing Your Holiday
- How To Balance Your Moods Naturally
- The Role of Love in Mental Health
About the AuthorTian Dayton PhD
Senior fellow at The Meadows, psychologist, psychodramatist, author Emotional Sobreity,ACoA Trauma Syndrome, Forgiving and Moving On, Huff Post blogger, speaker... Read More